GST Registering –
Multiple taxes are merged under the GST structure for example Excise, Entry Tax, Sales Tax, Service Tax, VAT etc. Earlier taxpayers were under the burden of complex tax structure and thus ultimately, they were paying taxes over such tax, hence to simplify the Indirect Taxation system, GST is introduced. Government introduces this taxation system as One Nation, One Market, One Tax, hence it will lead to uniform taxation system all around the country thus state wise different tax rates is no longer be the case. it will also boost the scenario of ease of doing business in the country.
GST registration is Mandatory for: -
Any business whose turnover in a financial year exceeds Rs 40 lakhs for goods traders and 20 lakhs for Service provider (limit is Rs 10/20 lakhs for special category States) as per Section 22 (1)
(Note: If turnover is of only exempted good /services which are exempt under GST, this clause does not apply.)
Compulsory GST Registration: -
- 1. Persons making any inter-State taxable supply;
- 2. Casual taxable persons making taxable supply;
- 3. Persons who are required to pay tax under reverse charge; person who are required to pay tax under sub-section (5) of section 9;
- 4. Non-resident taxable persons making taxable supply;
- 5. Persons who are required to deduct tax under section 51, whether or not separately registered under this Act;
- 6. Persons who make taxable supply of goods or services or both on behalf of other taxable persons whether as an agent or otherwise;
- 7. Input Service Distributor, whether or not separately registered under this Act;
- 8. persons who supply goods or services or both, other than supplies specified under sub-section (5) of section 9, through such electronic commerce operator who is required to collect tax at source under section 52;
- 9. Every electronic commerce operator; every person supplying online information and database access or retrieval services from a place outside India to a person in India, other than a registered person; and such other person or class of persons as may be notified by the Government on the recommendations of the Council.